Jun 25, 2012
Here’s another freebie from Globe Telecom that will allow you to tweet to all of your friends for FREE! With free unlimited twitter access to mobile.twitter.com you can stay updated to your followings while staying in-touch with your followers at the same time. You can enjoy the FREE TWITTER promo from Globe starting June 20 until July 31, 2012. To register just dial *143# and press CALL or text FREE TWITTER to 8888. Try it now and get the latest updates from your favorite celebrities, keep informed with the latest news, share your favorite pick-up-lines or hash tag your favorite lines and see if they will make it to the top and become one of the trending topics worldwide. For more info you can refer to the Free Twitter Frequently Asked Questions below.
1. What is the Free Twitter promo?
Promo rules and mechanics:
1. Subscriber will need to register only by texting FREE TWITTER to 8888. Note: Registration will be valid for the entire duration of the promo, i.e. until July 31, 2012.
2. Subscriber must have P1.00 maintaining balance in order to register to FREE TWITTER.
3. Subscriber can start browsing mobile.twitter.com once SMS confirmation has been received.
4. Using the Twitter app, accessing external links or sites, e.g. Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo, etc., as well as surfing on Opera Mini browsers and using BlackBerry devices, will be charged regular browsing rates of P5 for 15 minutes unless registered to other mobile internet offers like SuperSurf or PowerSurf.
5. While registered to FREE TWITTER, subscribers may register to either SuperSurf or PowerSurf.
6. Upon subscription expiry, default charging of P5 for 15 minute session will commence.
7. FREE TWITTER offer is applicable for local (Philippine) use only. International roaming rates will apply once subscriber leaves the country.
Promo is available from June 20 to July 31, 2012. DTI permit no. 5228.
2. What is mobile.twitter.com?
mobile.twitter.com is the mobile version of www.twitter.com. Subscribers using a mobile phone will automatically be redirected to mobile.twitter.com. It’s a compressed version but you can still use many of the main features of Twitter in your mobile phone such as posting, following friends, and editing your privacy settings.
3. Who can register to Free Twitter promo?
All Globe Prepaid, and TM subscribers can avail of this promo using their mobile phones, except subscribers with BlackBerry devices, users of Twitter app and Opera Mini browsers.
4. Can I use any Twitter app for free when registered to Free Twitter promo?
No. Use of any Twitter app will be charged regular rates of P5 for 15minutes unless registered to either Supersurf or Powersurf. While registered to Free Twitter, free access will only be via mobile.twitter.com
5. After I register to Free Twitter promo, how do I know if I can start surfing for free?
Upon subscribing to FREE TWITTER, you will receive a confirmation message. You may click on the link indicated or go to your internet browser and type http://mobile.twitter.com. FREE TWITTER promo is from June 20 to July 31, 2012 only.
6. Can I browse mobile.twitter.com using any browser type?
No. Browsing through mobile.twitter.com will be available to all browsers EXCEPT Opera Mini for which browsing will be charged at regular rates of P5 for 15 minutes unless registered to Supersurf or Powersurf.
7. What websites can I visit when registered to the Free Twitter promo?
Only mobile.twitter.com will be free of charge. Accessing or clicking embedded links to other sites, e.g. Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, etc. within Twitter will automatically charge you the regular browsing rate of P5 for 15 minutes unless registered to a surf promo.
For Smartphone users (e.g. iPhone, Android), you need to make sure that all app notifications on your phone are turned off to avoid incurring extra charges. You may also try registering to a Powersurf MB promo where KBs will only be deducted from the total allotment once you browse on sites outside http://mobile.twitter.com
8. Will I be charged if I browse other sites or if I click advertisements within Twitter?
Clicking on embedded links or clicking third party advertisements within Twitter will automatically charge you the regular browsing rate of P5 for15 minutes unless registered to a surf promo.
9. While registered to my Free Twitter promo, can I register to other mobile browsing internet promos?
Yes, you can still register to either SuperSurf or PowerSurf while registered to Free Twitter. This will allow you to surf other sites or click on other links posted on mobile.twitter.com without being charged regular browsing rates.
It is highly recommended that users register to any Powersurf MB variant when surfing on other sites to avoid being charged regular browsing rates. Powersurf MB will only deduct MBs from the total allocation once user leaves and surfs outside the Twitter mobile site (http://mobile.twitter.com).
10. Is this still accessible while roaming?
Sorry, but this promo is available only in the Philippines. Regular roaming rates will apply.
11. Until when is mobile.twitter.com free?
mobile.twitter.com is free for a month starting June 20 to July 31, 2012.
12. Is FREE TWITTER promo available only for a certain time of the day?
mobile.twitter.com is free and accessible 24/7 as long as you are registered.
13. How can I check if my subscription is still active?
To check your subscription status, text FREE TWITTER STATUS to 8888. You will receive information on the promo expiry.
14. What do I text if I want to know more about the promo?
To know more about this promo, text FREE TWITTER INFO to 8888.
15. What should I text if I want to unsubscribe to the promo?
To unsubscribe, text FREE TWITTER STOP to 8888. Note that only one registration is allowed per user and opting out of the service will automatically forfeit remaining days available.
16. Is there a maintaining balance in order to continue using the Free TWITTER promo?
Subscribers should have P1.00 maintaining balance in order to register to FREE TWITTER.
17. Can I register to the promo using my BlackBerry handset?
BlackBerry users are not advised to register to the promo. Accessing mobile.twitter.com via BlackBerry devices may incur regular browsing charges of P5 for 15 minutes. However, they can register to BBMAX promos, BBSocial, BBMessaging, and BBChat. Visit http://surf.globe.com.ph for more information on BlackBerry promos.
18. What do I do when I encounter an error which prompts “403 Forbidden (Rate Limit Exceeded)”?
When redirected to a page displaying 403 Forbidden (Rate Limit Exceeded), hit refresh until the page loads or switch APNs from myGlobe INET to myGlobe CONNECT. Steps to switching APNs may vary depending on the device. For a step by step guide, call the Globe hotline at 7301000 or 211, toll free.
The 403 error is an issue Twitter is already trying to address and is independent of Globe’s network.
19. What do I do when I encounter a notification saying “Data you are sending will be redirected to another server. Continue?” When I click on OK and wait for the page to load, I am redirected to the same page and the same message prompts again. The process loops and I am unable to move forward. How should I proceed?
Depending on the device you’re using, you may encounter this notification upon signing in, while posting a tweet, following/unfollowing, and signing out. You may try refreshing your browser but if the problem persists, it is best to exit from your browser and open it again to resume your session. Depending on your last activity before exiting, you will find that you are already signed in/signed out, or your tweet was successfully posted upon reconnection. Twitter is already trying to address and is independent of Globe’s network.
Incoming search terms:
403 forbidden (rate limit exceeded), Unli twitter in TM, unli twitter globe, unli twitter for globe, unli fb twitter in ipjone globe, twitter updates for mobile globe telecom, LIBRENG TWITTER SA TM, incoming surf promos in globe, how to browse free site on iphone using tm, Globe Unli Twitter