Apr 16, 2012
You have been scouring the Internet for a particular Android game for several hours. After you have found one and decided to install the associated APK file because of the positive feedbacks and comments, it seem that its nowhere to be found on Google Play store. Later on after investigating for some possible solutions, you found out that the Android app you wish to install is not supported in your country.
Having restricted on installing something is a very frustrating experience and is very common to almost any users even to those users using other mobile platform. While this is a means to protect Android users from incompatibility issues, we cannot deny the fact that some Android app could be possibly restricted even if there is no restriction to the app itself.
Luckily, the XDA guys are always there to lend a helping hand to us Android users. This time it was Deeco7 a Senior XDA member who develops a tweaked Google Play Store *.APK file with the annoying country restriction removed. To install the modded Google Play Store, follow the instructions below. Note that it requires that your rooted Android version is 2.2 and above. To be able to reverse the process, you may want to backup your existing APK file to your SD card.
WARNING: Do not blame anyone if something happens to your device. The instructions presented here are for those people who understand what they are doing with their device.
- Download the modded (mediafire) Google Play Store APK file or from the XDA site.
- Connect your phone to your computer using USB cable.
- Copy the APK file to your phone. Don’t use adb install because it won’t work and it will just say that the file already exist.
- On your phone use any file explorer (Root Explorer, ES File Explorer) app to open the *.APK file and install. Choose “Yes” when prompted with a question to replace the current Play Store app.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Note: For ICS 4.x.x users you can try to rename “Vending.apk” to “Phonesky.apk” before installing it using a file explorer.