Oct 20, 2011
Do you still remember the Motorola RAZR V3 that was introduced way back year 2004? It’s one of the slimmest phones in the Motorola RAZR family that includes RAZR V3i, V3c and V3m phones etc. Since then the RAZR series has become the most popular phones at that time boasting its unique design and slim contour. It was identified as a fashion product making appearances to some of the famous television shows (Lost) and several movies in the US. But when Apple introduced the iPhone 3GS in Noivember of 2008, their popularity started to decline taking away the glory of being the “fashion product”. In releasing the new Droid RAZR, it seems that Motorola is ready to take back its glory.
Last October 18, 2011 Motorola seems to have taken their crown back in releasing the newest RAZR phone, the Motorola Droid RAZR. It is said to beat Samsung’s Galaxy S II (8.49mm) and the current crowd’s favorite, Apple’s iPhone 4S (9.3mm) leaving them all behind at 7.1mm. But there’s more than meets the eye to this RAZR phone when it comes to hardware specs. Despite of being the sexiest phone, it also has the processing power and features of modern smartphones of today. See the list below. Powered by the popular Android OS it seems that Motorola is on the verge of becoming the “fashion product” again.
Motorola DROID RAZR Specifications:
- Dimension: 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm
- Display: 4.3 inches Super AMOLED screen @ 960×540 with 256 ppi; Gorilla Glass display
- Processor: TI OMAP 4430 chipset; 1.2GHz dual-core processor Cortex-A9 CPU
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- RAM: 1GB memory
- Storage Capacity: 16GB to 32 GB via microSD;
- Camera: 8 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash(rear); 1.3 megapixel @ 720p(front)
- Video: 1080p @ 30 fps
- Power Source: 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Operating System: Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0; WiFi 802.11 b/g/n; DLNA, WiFi hotspot
- Network: HSPA+ (21Mbps); HSUPA (5.76 Mbps)
- Stand-by time: Up to 204 hours
- Talk-time: Up to 12 hours and 30 minutes
Update: After holding its position as the World’s thinnest smartphone for (approx.) two weeks, Fujitsu Arrows F-07D beats the RAZR and nabbed its glory by only a difference of 0.015 inches.