Oct 3, 2011
This application is very helpful for those people or network administrator who used to move from server computer to another computer to keep them running smoothly. Though you can use remote desktop or Dameware to control multiple computers, using this application incredibly boost your productivity by eliminating multiple windows when using remote desktop and other similar tools. I know that you’re already thinking of Synergy or the application created by Microsoft – Mouse Without Borders, but it’s not.
In this article, what I’m going to share with you is all about the ShareMouse application that can control multiple computers either wirelessly or not. It was given a good review by the folks at AddictiveTips.com and I’m very impressed with what I saw. Similar to Synergy and Mouse Without Borders it will minimize your networking equipment cost by eliminating the KVM switch from the equation. But the advantage of ShareMouse is that you can use this application on both Windows and Mac.
- Control multiple computers either wired or wireless
- It allows you to drag and drop files from one computer to another
- Similar to remote desktop, the clipboard is shared between computers
- You can assign a hotkey to paste the information from the clipboard
- Connection can be encrypted and password protected for security purposes
- Works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and MAC OS X
- You can move files between computers
- You can now copy N paste as well as drag N drop files between different OS (thanks to an anonymous reader below for this update)
- For a successful connection between ShareMouse connected computers, you should use the same UDP port on all connected computers you wish to control. Just check the settings found at the Network tab to change and set the correct UDP port.
- If you are planning on not buying a mouse and keyboard for your next PC, just make sure to change the settings in the BIOS so that your computer will boot without these peripherals.
Click this link to download the application -> ShareMouse
To see the application in action watch this video courtesy of AddictiveTips.com